Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Surely not EVERYTHING can be sold via Direct Marketing!

The next time a long-lost acquaintance calls you up and says he/she wants to meet up with you, be on your guard. The one time that I did it, I ended up being propositioned to join a network marketing group to sell, of all things, massaging showers!

Massaging showers. What more invasive and taboo-inducing product could these direct marketers think of!


In fact, my so-called long-lost acquaintance had invited me over to his apartment for tea and then when I was there, suggested that I take a shower to experience the benefits of his miracle equipment!

I declined of course, being freaked out in so many ways at the thought of a) having to shower at a stranger's apartment and b) being held at ransom mid-shower and asked to sign on the dotted line.

I can't imagine him or his uplines having much success in this business, especially if you need your prospects to take a shower before they decide!


Tags: direct selling, network marketing

2 Comments:

At 12:04 am, October 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe he/she should install it by the swimming pools or by the beach. may have a higher success rate!

 
At 5:21 pm, October 27, 2006, Blogger hew said...

ha! good idea. One problem is that you really, really have to sit in a bath tub to feel all the beneficial effects of this. I tell you, it's a dead duck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter

Clean Blue. By Suga.